It’s mid-September and the season I love is approaching. The Fall season has always been in my blood, due to it coinciding with playing football. But it’s great for other reasons too.
- Football- Anyone who’s played football for any amount of time can attest to the biological change that happens when football season begins. I (and most of my friends) can’t wait for kickoff and can’t get enough of watching; reading the offensive line, pass rush, pass coverage, etc.
- Apple Picking- Is there anything better than taking your kids to pick apples at the local farm? No. In my hometown of Amherst, MA Atkins Farms Country Market is swamped every weekend with folks stocking up on apples and apple pies (yes, cider donuts too).
- Fall Foliage– I used to get annoyed by all the “leaf-peapers” that would clog the roads by my home. However, putting the kids in the car and going for a ride to see the leaves is a great way to spend an afternoon. Seeing the foliage through the eyes of the kids is priceless.
- Halloween– Halloween is fun when you’re a child and then again when you become a parent. I’m a parent now and seeing my four-year old get excited for making jack-o-lanterns and trick or treating is priceless. Last year the epic storm knocked out the power to the Northeast (for us it was ten days) but not even that stopped my daughter from knocking on a few doors.
- Thanksgiving– Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s a non-denominational (now a days) holiday where Americans give thanks for our country and what we have. For me, it’s a day dedicated towards the three f’s; family, football and food. Yes, I mentioned football again but it’s just that important.
There’s much more to Fall but these are my favorites. Yes, it means cold is coming and the Summer is over but there’s way too much fun to be had. That’s my take.
- 20 Must-Do Favorite Activities for Fall (innerchildfun.com)